Throwing a winter-themed Sweet 16 is a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday while embracing one of the most elegant and beautiful seasons! Regardless of whether or not you see snow, winter provides one of the most enchanting backdrops for any party big or small. Whether your celebration is a semi-formal event or a big birthday bash for all to celebrate, Eden Events has the perfect party event space in Houston to help you throw the most memorable Sweet 16.
Although you don’t have to have a winter themed Sweet 16 party, it sure is fun to get in the holiday spirit and embrace seasonal themes and traditions when planning a party. The first thing that you think of might be Winter Wonderland, and while it is a classic and fun theme, there are so many other themes that you could play with.
Some winter themes that you could try are:
- Snow Chalet – Create a warm and cozy rustic vibe that you would expect to feel at a ski resort. This theme can feature warm stews, a s’mores bar, decorated with pine trees and winter wreaths.
- Into the Woods – Serve your guests a gamey dish like turkey, pheasant, or venison and decorate with white, pine green, and accent decorations with branches and pinecones.
- New Year New Me – If your birthday falls on the other side of the new year, throw your own new year’s party to celebrate your birthday. Decorate with sparkling gold, glitter, and a countdown until midnight to say “Happy Birthday!”
- Winter Wonderland – Stick with the all-white decorations or create your own spin on this classic winter theme.
- Fire and Ice – If you aren’t feeling the winter wonderland theme, you can add your own twist of fire and ice. Decorate with bright reds and icy blues and treat your guests to delicious cold appetizers and warm hors d’oeuvres.
Decorating for a winter themed sweet 16 is pretty easy once you have your theme. In general, you will want to pull from seasonal inspirations. Decorating the walls or centerpieces with lights and pine is a great way to make your Sweet 16 feel like winter.
You can also focus on decorating with winter colors. If your theme requires a specific color palette like Fire and Ice, you know what to do! If not, light blues and whites will help create a winter atmosphere.
Finally, add a touch of frost to your Sweet 16 by adding silver sparkles decorations and outfits — sparkling shoes, a jeweled dress, and a tiara to top it all off.
When it comes to finding the right venue for your Sweet 16, there are a few things to consider. How many guests will you be inviting to your birthday bash? Will you be catering? Does your event space have a coordinator?
At Eden Events, we offer our guests an event space that can accommodate parties large and small. Our Houston event space offers a beautiful venue, catering options, and a professional staff of DJs, photographers, and event coordinators to help your Sweet 16 go off without a hitch.